This iconic event is the highlight of the Energy and Telco Industry calendar and showcases the talents of its brightest stars. Featuring three days of intense cable jointer and line mechanic competitions with teams from all around New Zealand battling it out. Events include a pole top rescue, team building and first aid competitions, as well as a pit rescue and spike gun event.
2 – 4 October
Airforce Museum, Christchurch
We are excited to announce the key dates for Annual Connection 2018. This iconic event is the highlight of the Energy and Telco industry calendar and showcases the talents of its brightest stars.
Competition registrations are now open!
Competition registrations are open. Please register your team or individual for the line mechanic or cable jointer competitions by following one of the links below;
12th March – Registrations for competitions open
2nd April – Registrations for the Expo open
16th April – Excellence Awards Nominations open
4th June – Awards Dinner tickets on sale
2nd July – Excellence Awards Nominations close
17th August – Closing date for site registrations
Annual Connection is an iconic event for the energy and telecommunications industry. Now in it’s 17th year it attracts a wide range of industry representatives from across New Zealand.
The event provides a unique opportunity for brand exposure and networking opportunities to a wide range of stakeholders from the energy and telecommunications industries, including key decision makers and influencers.
- Dedicated daily supplier expo hours built into the competition programme
- Sites have prime placement around the competition arena
- New exhibitors receive a 10% discount off the site registration fee
- Complimentary power for your site
- The chance to win your site fee back!
- Company name and site number in event programme and competition manuals
- Company logo and link to website on the Annual Connection website page
- Site promotion by event MC throughout the competitions
- Onsite security for the duration of the competitions
- The opportunity to promote your company to schools – targeting a potential new workforce
Excellence award nominations
The Excellence Awards celebrate the best and brightest trainees working in the Electricity Supply and Telecommunications industries. They also recognise those who have made a significant contribution to the industry through their enthusiasm and commitment to industry training.
This year the following awards are up for grabs:
- Distribution Trainee of the Year 2018
- Telecommunications Trainee of the Year 2018
- Business Support/Retail Trainee of the Year 2018
- Investing in Youth Training and Development Award 2018
- Advanced Trainee of the Year 2018
Please note there have been a couple of changes to the awards. For 2018 there will be no Generation or Transmission Trainee of the Year Award.
The ‘Contribution to Industry Training’ has changed to ‘Investing in Youth Training and Development Award’, and will be open to both individuals and organisations.
The winners from the Distribution, Telecommunication, Advanced and Business Support/Retail Trainee of the year, will also be eligble for the Overall Connexis Trainee of the Year for 2018, and will be known as an Industry Ambassador for the next 12 months. For this award the judges will consider the following criteria:
- The individuals achievements and commitment to the qualification
- Their leadership traits and team contribution
- Their contribution above and beyond ‘the job’
- Their commitment and potential for long term career in industry
Please click on the links to download the relevant nomination form and check out our tips for writing a strong nomination.
Nominations close on 2nd July.
For any queries please contact Charlotte Wood on 027 372 5015 or email email@example.com
Cable Jointer Competition and Line Mechanic Competition
The competitions promise to be a challenging and exciting programme of events, aimed at showcasing the industry’s very best for this year’s competitions.
Cable Jointer competition
Line Mechanic competition
Line Mechanic competition
Annual Connection Gala Dinner
High vis and hard hats to glitz and glamour. Enjoy the opportunity to celebrate success stories both at an individual level and industry wide.
If you would like to discuss how your brand can be promoted at this iconic industry event, please contact Annual Connection Event Manager, Charlotte Wood on 027 372 5015 or firstname.lastname@example.org