This iconic event is the highlight of the Energy and Telco Industry calendar and showcases the talents of its brightest stars. Featuring three days of intense cable jointer and line mechanic competitions with teams from all around New Zealand battling it out. Events include a pole top rescue, team building and first aid competitions, as well as a pit rescue and spike gun event.
2018’s event welcomes some exciting guests!
- Richie McCaw and Christchurch Helicopters are officially kicking off Annual Connection for 2018. Christchurch Helicopters is opening the competition and will be joining in on the first event.
- Scott Robertson, Super 15 Rugby Coach and break dancing extraordinaire, is joining us as key note speaker at the Excellence Awards dinner.
- Hon Dr Megan Woods, Minister of Energy and Resources, is also speaking at the Excellence Awards dinner.
2 – 4 October
Airforce Museum, Christchurch
We are excited to announce the key dates for Annual Connection 2018. This iconic event is the highlight of the Energy and Telco industry calendar and showcases the talents of its brightest stars.
Excellence Awards Nominations
Excellence Awards Dinner
12th March – Registrations for competitions open
2nd April – Registrations for the Expo open
16th April – Excellence Awards Nominations open
18th June – Awards Dinner tickets on sale
30th July – Excellence Awards Nominations close
17th August – Closing date for site registrations
Cable Jointer Competition and Line Mechanic Competition
The competitions promise to be a challenging and exciting programme of events, aimed at showcasing the industry’s very best for this year’s competitions.
We are excited to announce that Richie McCaw in his capacity with Christchurch Helicopters will officially open the competitions this year!
Richie and Christchurch Helicopters are going to be joining in the first event for the competition – which promises to kick off Annual Connection 2018 on a high!
The official opening will take place on Tuesday 2nd October, at 8.00am.
We will see you there!
Competition registrations for 2018 are now closed. We are pleased to announce the following teams will be battling it out for this years prizes:
LINE MECHANIC TEAMS
- Connetics Ltd
- Independent Line Services
- MainPower New Zealand Ltd
- Netcon Ltd Timaru
- WEL Networks
CABLE JOINTER COMPETITORS
- Delta Utility Services
- EA Networks
- Independent Line Services
- MainPower New Zealand Ltd
- Netcon Ltd
Cable Jointer competition
Line Mechanic competition
Line Mechanic competition
If you missed out on registering for this years competitions, but are interested, please contact Charlotte Wood email@example.com or phone 027 372 5015
We are pleased to announce a schedule of hosted sessions over the three days of competitions. During these sessions we will have hosts available to greet you, advise you of what is happening the in the competition arena and introduce you to any key supplier contacts.
Calling all students – school aged or teritary, interested in a career in the Electricity Supply Network!
We have a unique oppurtunity for you to come and witness the best in the business show off their skills. See the crews in action that ensure power keeps flowing and find out how you can be part of this vital service.
You will be greeted on arrival, the action in the competition arena will be explained to you and our careers team will be on hand to answer any questions about training programmes.
From Richie McCaw flying helicopters to the largest crane in the Southern Hemisphere on display – there will be something to inspire and motivate everyone!
Annual Connection is an iconic event for the energy and telecommunications industry. Now in it’s 17th year it attracts a wide range of industry representatives from across New Zealand.
The event provides a unique opportunity for brand exposure and networking opportunities to a wide range of stakeholders from the energy and telecommunications industries, including key decision makers and influencers.
- Dedicated daily supplier expo hours built into the competition programme
- Sites have prime placement around the competition arena
- New exhibitors receive a 10% discount off the site registration fee
- Complimentary power for your site
- The chance to win your site fee back!
- Company name and site number in event programme and competition manuals
- Company logo and link to website on the Annual Connection website page
- Site promotion by event MC throughout the competitions
- Onsite security for the duration of the competitions
- The opportunity to promote your company to schools – targeting a potential new workforce
Sponsor of the 2018 suppliers Expo:
Hirepool are the preferred supplier of hire equipment for Annual Connection 2018 and are offering special rates for your hire equipment.
For more information contact
Andy.Youngman@continentaleventhire.co.nz or 0212217034
Excellence award nominations
The Excellence Awards celebrate the best and brightest trainees working in the Electricity Supply and Telecommunications industries. They also recognise those who have made a significant contribution to the industry through their enthusiasm and commitment to industry training.
This year the following awards are up for grabs:
- Distribution Trainee of the Year 2018
- Telecommunications Trainee of the Year 2018
- Business Support/Retail Trainee of the Year 2018
- Investing in Youth Training and Development 2018
- Generation Trainee of the Year 2018
- Advanced Trainee of the Year 2018
Please note the ‘Contribution to Industry Training’ has changed to ‘Investing in Youth Training and Development Award’.
The winners from the Distribution, Telecommunication, Advanced and Business Support/Retail Trainee of the year, will also be eligible for the Overall Trainee of the Year for 2018, and will be known as an Industry Ambassador for the next 12 months. For this award the judges will consider the following criteria:
- The individuals achievements and commitment to the qualification
- Their leadership traits and team contribution
- Their contribution above and beyond ‘the job’
- Their commitment and potential for long term career in industry
Nominations for the Excellence Awards have Closed
For any queries please contact Charlotte Wood on 027 372 5015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Connection Excellence Awards Dinner
6.30pm – 10.30pm
Aircraft Hall, Wigram Airforce Museum
The Excellence Awards dinner celebrates the best and brightest trainees working in the electricity supply and telecommunications industries. They also recognise those who have made a significant contribution to the industry through their enthusiasm and commitment to industry training.
The Annual Connection Excellence Awards dinner is the finale of the three day Annual Connection event. As well as the Excellence Award presentations, the runners-ups and over-all winners of the Line Mechanic and Cable Jointer competitions are announced, along with the recipients of the Ross Archer Memorial Line Mechanic Safety Award and Outstanding Leader Award.
The 2018 dinner again promises to be a highlight Annual Connection 2018.
Early bird tickets go on sale from 18th June and are available until 31st August, standard tickets are then available to purchase up until the 20th September.
- Early bird price $145 + gst
- Standard price $175 + gst
World class, local entertainment promises to make this a night of celebration, acknowledgement and recognition of the talent within this industry.
We are very pleased to announce Scott Robertson – our favourite break dancing, Super 15 Coach, will be the key note guest speaker at the Excellence Awards dinner on the Thursday night. No doubt Scott will have some inspirational and motivational stories to tell around his recent successes with his Super 15 team.
Hon Dr Megan Woods
For any queries on the event, or if you would like a chance to profile your business or organisation at these prestigious awards, please contact Charlotte Wood email@example.com or ph 027 372 5015.
If you would like to discuss how your brand can be promoted at this iconic industry event, please contact Annual Connection Event Manager, Charlotte Wood on 027 372 5015 or firstname.lastname@example.org