Assessor Training – North Auckland
As a Connexis Assessor you can apply your skills and knowledge to enable others to achieve unit standards leading to industry qualifications. Assessors judge competency levels and assess trainee assessments. Being an assessor is a key role in supporting trainees to get recognition for their skills through the achievement of industry qualifications.
To become a Connexis Assessor, as a pre-requisite, you are expected to attend a Connexis Assessor Training Course and must hold unit standard 4098 Use standards to assess candidate performance. If you already hold unit standard 4098, an assessor application will be considered if you complete the Assessor Application Form and return to email@example.com.
The two unit standards covered in the Connexis Assessor Training Course are:
- 4098: Use standards to assess candidate performance
- 11281: Prepare candidates for assessment against standards
- Candidates will learn about Assessor process and practice and complete the practical tasks required to achieve US4098 and US11281.
- Connexis will forward two assessments for candidates to complete as trainees. The assessments must be completed prior to attending the course.
- The two-day course runs from 9.00am to 3.00pm each day.
- The cost to attend a two-day Assessor training course is $350.00 (plus GST)
- A minimum of eight registered attendees are required for a course to proceed. Courses will be confirmed two weeks prior to the advertised date.
- Understanding the Connexis workplace assessment process
- Understanding unit standards, qualifications, and associated governance
- Preparing trainees for assessment
- Assessing trainees
- Best practice in assessment
- Tools to gain unit standards 4098 and 11281
- Completion of US4098/11281 assessment. Candidates alternate roles as trainee and assessor and will be observed conducting pre-assessment, assessment and post assessment processes.
- The completed 4098/11281 portfolio is submitted to an external assessor for assessment.