Water Qualification, Programme and Unit Standard Reviews
The following Qualifications, Programmes and/or Unit Standards are currently under review by the Industry Reference Groups. We appreciate feedback on these as it helps us ensure these are fit for industry purpose.
If you would like to be added to the stakeholder group for any of these please email firstname.lastname@example.org specifying which review you are interested in.
Please click the related qualification consultation documents to review and provide your feedback.
Overview – Level 3 Version 2
Overview – Level 4 Version 2
Overview – Level 5 Version 2
Water Treatment and Water Assessment
The water treatment and water assessment qualifications have been reviewed. The review summary, draft qualifications, and the Reference Group meeting minutes are now available.
The Reference Group recommended:
- Expiry of two qualifications, NZC Water Treatment (Level 3) and NZD Drinking-water Assessment, which are no longer fit-for-purpose;
- Minor wording changes in NZC Water Treatment (Level 4) and NZD Water Treatment (Level 5);
- Addition of strands to NZC Water Treatment (Small Scale Systems) (Level 3);
- Development of a qualification to replace NC Domestic Wastewater Systems, and the review of unit standards used to assess it.
- Development of a new qualification in theoretical aspects of water treatment.