Civil Trades Certification
Developed with industry, for industry, Trade Certification is a nationally recognised accreditation programme for civil contractors. It combines a recognised trade qualification with certified hours of practical experience, and leads to registration as a Certified Tradesperson.
Why get Civil Trades Certified?
Benefits to Employers
- Improves the productivity, efficiency and safety of the workforce
- Lowers the overall risk profile of the workplace and therefore business
- Improves business attributes and scores during tender evaluation
- Reduces rework
- Attracts and retains employees
- A clear career path to attract young people linking to a skilled trade
Benefits to Employees
- Provides an industry career not just a company job
- Credibility: recognisable and respected Tradesperson
- Formal recognition of already acquired competency, skills and experience
- Income growth opportunities
Benefits to Infrastructure Sector
- Provides effective method of replacing the ageing workforce
- Increases Industry capability and capacity to meet demands from the following: growth in new infrastructure construction, introduction of new technologies, requirement for efficiency gains from improved infrastructure asset management, and new Health and Safety legislation
You can choose to be Civil Trades Certified in three areas:
Road Construction & Maintenance
b. Road Construction
c. Road Maintenance
d. Non-Structural Concrete
Pipeline Construction & Maintenance
d. Wastewater and Stormwater
a. Bituminous Mixes
d. Binder Manufacturing
e. Bituminous Mixing operation
f. Bituminous Spraying Operation
New Zealand’s First Civil Trades Certified Tradespeople
Congratulations to the first 14 tradespeople in New Zealand to be Civil Trades Certified in 2015!
All 14 tradespeople gained their Civil Trades Certification in Road Construction and Maintenance, here they are in the order in which they completed the certification process:
For The Applicant
Civil Trades Certification Approved Qualifications – make sure you have achieved one of the approved qualifications for Civil Trades Certification
Civil Trades Certification Eligibility Criteria – are you eligible to apply for Certification?
Practical Experience Guidelines – Find out more about the experience needed to show you meet the required level of competence.
Evaluator & Moderation Information