- Based in Cromwell, Central Otago
- A focus on safety, innovation, and taking you and your ideas seriously
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth
Connetics is new to Central Otago and we plan on being around for a long time as we have already established long term contracts with key clients.
Based in Christchurch and with depots in Wellington and Cromwell, we’re responsible for constructing and maintaining overhead and underground lines and equipment across these locations. Providing such a critical service is no easy task, and we know that to be the best, our people need to be connected, safe, and involved.
About the role
We are looking for Test Technicians to construct and maintain electrical equipment within the Aurora Energy Network. You will be carrying out installation, commissioning, acceptance, and maintenance testing of primary and secondary power distribution network equipment, including:
- Scada, protection relay configuration, programming, and testing
- Panel wiring and communications cabinet construction
- Underground cable testing and cable IDs
- HV Switching on metal clad switchgear
Working with the following equipment and systems:
- battery banks and charge systems
- multiple input protection systems
- power and instrument transformers
- high voltage power cables, and ancillary service (AC and DC)
- uninterrupted power supply supplies
- high voltage circuit breakers
- single input protection relays
- test instruments
Ideally you will have the following:
- Current EWRB Practicing Licence
- Construction and maintenance of HV equipment experience
- Background in distribution and supply industry
- Knowledge of network protection
- Ability to read and interpret utility plans
- Sound knowledge of HV electrical test equipment, systems, and procedures
How Connetics can enhance your life in a day
You can look forward to joining a friendly, social team who have a great time together, look out for one another, and are absolutely committed to everyone’s safety. And there’s a lot to be said for the lifestyle opportunities in Central Otago. How about a shorter commute? Lots of possibilities for outdoorsy weekend adventures? More time for your family? That’s right – we know you have a life outside work, and we expect you to live it every day.
- Long Service Leave
- Competitive hourly rate and allowances
- Discount to medical benefits
- Relocation costs if moving from the area
This isn’t just about growing your career and living your best life. It’s also about having more. More opportunity, more innovation, more experiences – and more life in a day for the things and people that matter to you.
Pre-employment tests – Medical and Ministry of Justice
Connetics require all successful applicants to complete a pre-employment medical test, which includes a drug and alcohol test and a pre-employment Ministry of Justice check.
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand, with New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand permanent residency or a valid New Zealand work permit.
Please include evidence of your EWRB certification and any relevant formal qualifications.
Want to have more life in a day? Apply now at www.connetics.co.nz/careers/life-in-a-day