Terms and Conditions:
Connexis Infrastructure Workforce Jobsite
- Overview These Terms and Conditions (Terms) apply to your access or use of the Connexis Infrastructure Workforce Jobsite website (Jobsite). By accessing or using Jobsite you are deemed to have agreed to the Terms, so please read them carefully.
- References In these Terms, “Connexis”, “we”, “us” and like terms means Infrastructure Industry Training Organisation Inc., trading as Connexis, the owner and provider of Jobsite, and “you” and like terms means you, the person accessing or using Jobsite.
- Changes to these Terms Connexis may modify these Terms at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting the modified Terms on Jobsite. By continuing to access and use Jobsite, you are deemed to have accepted the most recent Terms.
- Intellectual property rights Connexis owns the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the content, material and trademarks on Jobsite. You must not infringe any intellectual property rights owned by Connexis.
- Information for personal, non-commercial use only The information contained on Jobsite is for personal use only and may not be sold, redistributed or used for any commercial purpose. You may download material from this Jobsite for your personal, non-commercial use only. This means you may not (unless we agree):
- use Advertiser contact details for unsolicited commercial correspondence;
- modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any material from Jobsite including code and software;
- use any automated data gathering, extraction or publication tools on Jobsite (including for the purposes of establishing, maintaining, advancing or reproducing information contained on Jobsite on your own website or in any other publication);
- use Jobsite for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms.
- No endorsement of jobs Connexis is providing Jobsite to link Advertisers of jobs, business or self-employment opportunities with people looking for those opportunities. We do not endorse or recommend any of the jobs, business or self-employment opportunities advertised on Jobsite. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the opportunity and Connexis strongly recommends that prior to entering into any agreement with any of the Advertisers, you obtain your own independent legal, accounting, financial or taxation advice as appropriate. We will not be liable to you for any decision made or action taken by you in relation to any opportunity advertised on Jobsite.
- No guarantee that opportunity available We cannot guarantee the continued availability of any particular job, business or self-employment opportunity advertised on Jobsite and will not be liable to you if an Advertiser has filled the vacancy but not removed the advertisement from Jobsite. Whilst Connexis seeks to ensure that opportunities advertised on Jobsite are genuine opportunities, we cannot guarantee to you that every advertisement represents an actual vacancy.
- Information on Jobsite is not professional advice Any information we publish on Jobsite is intended to provide general information on legal and other issues relating to employment. It does not constitute legal or accounting or other professional advice. You should consider whether you need advice that is specific to your circumstances. We will not be liable to you for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance upon any information on Jobsite.
- No responsibility for sites or services we link to Connexis provides links and pointers from Jobsite to Internet sites maintained by third parties. We provide these links as a convenience only. Connexis does not endorse the linked site, and is not responsible for the content (including the accuracy, legality or decency) of any linked site.
- No guarantees as to Jobsite service Connexis will endeavour to ensure that you receive uninterrupted and error free access to Jobsite and your information, but does not warrant that your use will be uninterrupted or error free. Whilst Connexis intends that Jobsite will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is possible that on occasions Jobsite may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place. If for any reason we have to interrupt Jobsite for longer periods than normal, we will use reasonable endeavours to give notice of such interruption on Jobsite. In addition, Connexis does not warrant that the content and materials available for download on Jobsite or delivered via electronic mail through Jobsite are free of computer viruses or other defects. You should undertake virus checks of any downloaded or emailed files, and ensure you regularly back up the data on your hard drive or device.
- We can use information you send us Connexis welcomes ideas and feedback from you about all aspects of Jobsite, including ideas for new or improved products and services. You agree that we may use, reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, and publicly display any information that you submit to us by email or to any public areas of Jobsite (such as bulletin boards, forums and newsgroups).
- Security of your information Connexis will implement and maintain suitable procedures and security measures to protect the information you provide to Jobsite from unauthorised disclosure, access, use, modification, damage or destruction by any person, Connexis cannot guarantee that such things will not occur. You are responsible for your own computer networks, Internet access and telecommunications services and for the security of your computer system.
- Security of your password and login To become a registered user, you must provide a password and a login name. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and login name and for all activity occurring under your user account. This means you must:
- not allow anyone else to access or use Jobsite using your login and password;
- ensure that all usernames and passwords required to access Jobsite are kept secure and confidential; and
- immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your login or password or any other breach of security.
You may change your password at any time by selecting ‘Account’, then ‘Change password’.
- Our liability is limited To the extent the law permits, Connexis excludes any liability we may have to you in relation to Jobsite (whether under these Terms or otherwise). In particular, we exclude any liability we may have to you for special, incidental, consequential or indirect loss including loss of income, profit or savings, however that loss might arise. In any event, our liability to you shall not exceed $2,500.
- No misrepresentations allowed It is a material condition of your use of Jobsite and any other services provided by Connexis that you will not make any misleading or untrue statement, or by stating something or omitting to state something, mislead or deceive any person, including in your Jobsite profile. We may terminate your access to and use of Jobsite immediately if we reasonably consider you to have breached this Term.
- Unenforceable terms severed If any part of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, that part shall be severed from these Terms and the remainder of these Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
- Governing law These Terms shall be governed by New Zealand law and you and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.