Website RobLawMax Recruitment
- Otago location
- Lots of career growth options
- Fantastic company culture
We have an excellent opportunity for a Electrical Design Engineer to step into a role with busy and growing lines company.
Our client is an Otago based company that has managed and operated the electricity distribution network in their region for many years. They are a locally owned business, and actively support the communities in which they operate, particularly in the areas of youth, education and team sporting endeavours.
They are looking for a Design Engineer to join the team. In this role you will be responsible for providing safe, cost-effective, detailed, consistent and compliant designs (either directly or through engaging external specialists) for asset replacement and renewal capital projects, as well as large scale and complex maintenance projects. The role is also responsible for preparation of work for hand over to Field Operations for delivery along with the ongoing engineering support, financial and physical progress monitoring and close out of projects on completion.
To be successful in this role you must be resilient and tenacious; successfully adapt to changing demands and conditions and look for opportunities to improve the current state.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications – Electrical Engineering or similar
- 3+ years’ experience in an asset management/ electricity design role
- Formal project management training is desirable
- Understanding and practicing the principles of zero harm
- Calm, professional temperament with ability to cope in pressured environments, maintain positive relationships with stakeholders and colleagues in challenging situations
What can we offer you:
- A career with a growing company
- Variety of project work
- Busy and challenging role
- Positive team culture
- Opportunities for further career development
- This is a great chance to get on board with a growing company in a booming industry
For more information contact Robbert on (04) 917 0858, apply online or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref: RRA66998