Website Schick Civil Construction
Delivering Excellence in Civil Infrastructure Solutions
As a growing Waikato based civil infrastructure company we are proud to offer an opportunity to tertiary students undertaking civil engineering related studies to join our summer internship programme.
Schick Civil specialises in roading, siteworks, land development and drainage for a range of clients from local councils and NZTA to private developers and commercial builders.
The foundation of our company’s success is driven by the quality of our people. We ensure that quality by building from the ground up. We have the pathways, experience and the breadth of work to provides a great learning opportunity and a chance to kick-start a rewarding career in a great team.
– A 10 week paid, structured internship with rotations through business units
– Be part of the construction team building challenging projects
– learn real skills and a solid understanding of how civil works are built from plans
– Assigned mentoring with experienced civil engineers
– Opportunities to gain formal industry certifications and civil skills
– Intern development sessions focused on general career skills
Second year or above studying towards:
– Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering OR
– Diploma or Degree in Quantity Surveying OR
– Diploma in Surveying
A restricted drivers license as a minimum, full class 1 license preferred
Available for full time work (6:30am to 5:30pm) including some Saturday’s for the full programme (November to February)
– A problem solving mindset and ability to think critically about solutions
– An inquisitive mind and a keen eye for detail
– Physically capable with a strong worth ethic
– Able to work well in a team, take initiative and muck in to get the job done
– A good communicator, willing to speak up, ask questions and ask for help.
– Technical skills and a grasp of key engineering principles
– Good time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
– A safety mindset, being aware of risks and how to avoid them
– Played team sport
– Involved in your community
– Farming or building background