- A Port that’s growing for the future of Wellington and Central New Zealand
- A supportive team, varied role and further opportunities
- An energetic workplace where you can see the action happening
There have been big changes at CentrePort in the last few years. We’re developing and regenerating the Port – and you get to be part of it.
This is shift-based work where every day is different! From securing containers on ships to learning to drive our heavy machinery, this is your chance to learn different aspects of port operations with the possibility of further opportunities. Whatever the job, you’ll have a great team on your side!
As a Cargo Handler, in addition to you holding a full New Zealand Class 2 and Forklift driver’s licence, you’ll need to show us that you are:
- highly safety conscious
- physically fit
- a person who values teamwork and can use their initiative
- a clear communicator and able to follow instructions
- motivated to provide a high level of customer service
- able to commit to shift work (24/7 roster)
- comfortable working outdoors and in confined spaces.
This is a permanent role working 24 hours (or more as required) per week. You’ll join a workplace with a real team environment. It’s a fun, connected place where people mix on all levels and where, thanks to our focus on wellness and Health and Safety, everyone’s got each other’s back. We all take huge pride in our work, our Port and the Wellington region, and we all work together to make it the best it can be.
CentrePort encourage an environment of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunities and welcome applications from different backgrounds.
Please note: CentrePort is an alcohol and drug-free workplace. Pre-employment testing is part of our recruitment process. You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role.
Applications close Friday, 18 September 2020.