- Newly created field-based role in Cromwell
- Proven leadership experience and a passion for developing your team
- Electrical Distribution industry experience essential
Connetics Southern has been established in Central Otago for 18 months and in January moved into our new purpose-built depot in Cromwell.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an organisation with a “start up” feel that has the backing and support of a national organisation. Connetics head office is based in Christchurch, with our Northern region is based out of Wellington. We are excited to have secured long terms contracts in Central Otago and the opportunities that brings for us to contribute to the region.
We offer a modern working environment and flexible working practices that encourage work-life balance to make the most of living in the region. We also offer a competitive salary with added benefits such as Long Service Leave, professional development, and generous costs reimbursement if relocating.
Connetics’ Southern are looking for a practical self-starter with passion for Health and Safety, interested in working with and in the business to build capability in good work practices, behaviours and attitudes that resulting in positive safety outcomes. Someone who wants to be hands on with the team and wants to drive quality and business improvement, coaching teams to learn from what goes well.
About the Role
We have a newly created opportunity for a field-based Supervisor – Overhead Lines. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate strong leadership and have a genuine desire to develop trusting and positive relationships with the team – it’s all about the people.
Your key focus will be:
- The safe delivery of high-quality overhead construction and maintenance works, while working collaboratively with your teams and the wider Connetics business.
- You will ensure a collaborative working relationship around business improvement is maintained to promote collaborative relationships across the business.
- Responsible for the daily supervision and coordination of field crews in carrying out planned and unplanned network activities and ensures all assigned work is completed in a safe, reliable and efficient manner.
- You will ensure field crews are trained and operating in compliance with all key safety guidelines, inspecting work progress and meeting with appropriate stakeholders to discuss assigned work progress.
- Supervising staff and driving team performance through the assessment of competence and required development.
- Providing leadership direction, guidance, technical expertise and support in the construction, maintenance and repair of overhead network assets.
- Ensuring impeccable site records and documentation in line with the asset owner’s requirements.
- Ensuring that vehicles, plant and equipment are appropriately maintained and all necessary compliance requirements are met.
- You will perform field work, providing high level expertise particularly in complex or time sensitive work activities.
- Driving initiatives to identify opportunities to improve plant, equipment, systems, techniques and best practice.
- Evaluate and assess new technologies to improve safety and efficiency
Your interpersonal skills and your ability to build strong internal networks and trusted business relationships will be key to your success.
In addition, you will have:
- Proven successful leadership experience
- Current EWRB Practicing Licence – Distribution Line Mechanic
- Knowledge of the Aurora Network
- Experience in industry related regulations
- Current and valid Class 1 Drivers Licence – Class 2 an advantage
How Connetics can enhance your life in a day
You can look forward to joining a friendly, social team who have a great time together, look out for one another, and are absolutely committed to everyone’s safety. And there’s a lot to be said for the lifestyle opportunities in Central Otago. How about a shorter commute? Lots of possibilities for outdoorsy weekend adventures? More time for your family? That’s right – we know you have a life outside work, and we expect you to live it every day.
- Long Service Leave
- Competitive hourly rate and allowances
- Discount to medical benefits
- Relocation costs if moving from the area
This isn’t just about growing your career and living your best life. It’s also about having more. More opportunity, more innovation, more experiences – and more life in a day for the things and people that matter to you.
Pre-Employment Tests | Medical & Ministry of Justice
Connetics require all successful applicants to complete a Pre-Employment medical test, which includes a Drug and Alcohol test and a pre-employment Ministry of Justice check
Must hold New Zealand citizenship, New Zealand Permanent Residency or a Valid New Zealand Work Permit.
Please include evidence of your EWRB certification and any relevant formal qualifications
Further Information http://www.ewrb.govt.nz/training-and-qualifications/requirements-for-overseas-applicants/
Apply online at www.connetics.co.nz/careers/life-in-a-day