From 4 October 2021, responsibility for qualifications development, pre- and post-moderation, consent to assess, and programme endorsement for the infrastructure industries will move from Connexis to the new Waihanga Ara Rau Construction and Infrastructure Workforce Development Council (WDC).
As part of the government’s Reform of Vocational Education (RoVE), Waihanga Ara Rau will be the vocational education standard setting body for infrastructure sector unit standards and qualifications.
Connexis and Waihanga Ara Rau will work closely together to ensure a seamless service to our industry.
Click here to find out more about the transition of the following functions to Waihanga Ara Rau:
- Qualifications and standards
- Consistency reviews
- Interim programme support
- National external moderation
- Consent to assess
- Consent and moderation requirements
What is not changing:
Connexis will continue to:
- Arrange on-job training programmes for workplaces in the infrastructure sectors;
- Train, support and moderate industry assessors;
- Keep learning and assessment resources up-to-date and relevant;
- Offer opportunities for pathways into infrastructure careers through Gateway programmes, Girls with Hi-Vis® events, the iJobsite recruitment platform, and more;
- Run events and initiatives to support, promote and raise the profile of our industries, including Annual Connection and Ulitmit: Women in Infrastructure.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 486 626