What skilling up means to your business?
Strengthen tenders and contracts by meeting increased demand and compliance requirements with non-priced attributes.
Increase retention through investing in your employees with a clear
career path and the formal recognition for their work and experience.
Ensure best practice and procedures are understood and adhered to through quality training.
The employer / Connexis partnership
Local Connexis Customer Service Account Manager’s (CSAM’s) and companies work together to support and guide trainees through from sign-up to completion.
2. Get your team signed up with a Connexis Training Agreement for selected qualifications or apprenticeships
3. Connexis training resources provided to the trainees
4. Continue to support your employees through their training, with your CSAM regularly stopping in to support and monitor progress
5. Trainees are assessed at stages according to their training plan
6. Time to celebrate your employees' success
A New Zealand Apprenticeship provides a structured career pathway for those entering the industry and keen to progress. Our apprenticeships are suitable for all ages.
These NZ Apprenticeships are eligible for Free Trades Training which means the costs are covered by the Tertiary Education Commission. As an employer you may also be eligible for a wage subsidy for year 1 and year 2 apprentices under the Apprenticeship Boost Fund.
Connexis offers the following Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) approved New Zealand Apprenticeships (NZA):
NZA IN INFRASTRUCTURE WORKS with specialisation in:
- Bitumen Surfacing Construction
- Forestry Earthworks
- Pipeline Construction and Maintenance
A Civil Infrastructure apprenticeship can lead to achieving Civil Trades Certification.
NZA IN ELECTRICAL TRADE with a strand in Electricity Supply
NZA IN ELECTRICITY SUPPLY
with specialisation in:
- Network Control
- Transmission Line Maintenance
- Line Mechanic Distribution
- Cable Joint High Voltage
Infrastructure qualifications and career progression
Connexis provides nationally recognised qualifications and programmes across all of the infrastructure sectors; Civil, Energy, Telco and Water.
Refer to our career pathways to map out your employees’ career progression aligned to the available qualifications, from Level 2 through to Level 6. Find out more about specific apprenticeships and qualifications.
We offer a number of general qualifications that are of fit-for-purpose for the infrastructure industry. Including:
Click the interested qualification to find out more.
There are several funds now available for trades training and support. Connexis is here to support you with this information so you can access what is applicable to you.
Have a funding question? Send them to us here.
Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF; aka free trades training):
The Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF; aka Free Trades Training) of $320 million was announced by the Government to encourage vocational education for everyone.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- TTAF is available for learners of all ages.
- The fund is available to support all learners regardless of whether they have undertaken prior study. Those with previous qualifications, including higher qualifications, are eligible to receive this fund.
- The fund is available for those enrolling or who are currently enrolled in eligible programmes from 01 July 2020 to 31 December 2022.
WHAT WILL BE COVERED BY TTAF?
The fund is available to cover the fees normally paid by the learner/employer. Including:
- Enrolment fees
- Course fees (Annual fees)
- Compulsory course costs including block courses
- External assessment fees
CONNEXIS ELIGIBLE PROGRAMMES
For a list of Connexis programmes eligible for this TTAF, CLICK HERE
THE APPRENTICESHIP SUPPORT PROGRAMME
Employer funding is available through the Apprenticeship Support Programme, in addition to TTAF. This is available for employers taking on new employees and training apprentices, in an eligible training programme, through:
Questions? Send them to us here
be an ultimit employer
Currently, women are seriously under-represented in the infrastructure industry, and we want to change that with you.
Our Ultimit: Women in Infrastructure initiative supports and promotes opportunities for a more diverse workforce, with the overall goal of ensuring a continuous supply of skilled trade and technical people.
Join us on this journey and find out more about this initiative here.
become a gateway employer
The Gateway programme is a partnership between students and local employers to provide senior students with an opportunity to gain work experience and a solid foundation to pursue a career in trades, whilst achieving NCEA credits through the Connexis Gateway programme.
For employers taking on a Gateway students offer the opportunity to:
- Attract new local talent
- Evaluate a potential new local employee with no obligations for further employment
- Support the next generation
Connexis can support this process by aiding in connecting companies with local schools and students.
Contact your local Customer Service Account Manager(CSAM) for queries and to find out more.
iJobsite is a FREE, SIMPLE and DIRECT job listing platform for the infrastructure industry.
If you are an employer with a job vacancy to list, anywhere from entry level to management list it here now for free.